Compliance Policy: ATIEL Quality Management System Committee (QMS)
The ATIEL Quality Management System (QMS) Committee ensures any lubricant marketer making claims against the ACEA automotive engine oil sequences complies with the requirements of the European Engine Lubricant Quality Management System (EELQMS).
In practical terms, the QMS Committee is tasked:
• To manage, monitor and control lubricants making claims against the ACEA engine oil sequences by:
– Maintaining a register of lubricant marketers making claims against the ACEA engine oil sequences through the Lubricant Marketer’s Letter of Conformance.
– Monitoring the technical specification of lubricant products making claims against the ACEA engine oil sequences by way of an annual product compliance survey.
– Managing issues of product non-compliance arising from issue identified in the annual product compliance survey.
• It achieves these aims through delegating day to day responsibility for the management of these activities to the ATIEL subsidiary, Services to Associations and Industry in the Lubricants sector (SAIL).
• To ensure understanding, awareness and acceptance of the requirements of EELQMS by the lubricant marketer by;
– Communicating the requirements of EELQMS to lubricant marketers through newsletters, bulletins and other forms of electronic and non-electronic means.
- Ensuring understanding of the requirements of EELQMS through surveys of lubricant marketers.
– Ensuring acceptance of the requirements under EELQMS through the Lubricant Marketer’s Letter of Conformance and the ATIEL Code of Practice by means of an annual product compliance survey.
– Maintaining detailed and accurate records of the requirements under EELQMS including, but not limited to, the ATIEL Code of Practice, and the Lubricant Marketer’s Letter of Conformance which form part of EELQMS.
– Collaborating with other industry bodies to encourage the establishment and operations of quality compliance programmes that are aligned with the aims and objectives of EELQMS. of EELQMS.